Professional Provident Society (PPS) Short-Term Insurance has introduced a multi-functional component of value added services to their car and home policies which are available on an App. The aim of this component is to ease the process of dealing with upcoming or potential motor and/or home events for its policy holders.
“As working professionals, PPS understands how difficult it can be to find time outside of work to handle tasks such as renewing car licences and paying road traffic fines. We also know that sometimes, accidents and mishaps happen at the most inconvenient times, and entirely out of our control. That’s why PPS Short-Term Insurance now offers these additional value added services, designed specifically with the graduate professional in mind,” says Wilma Van der Walt, Executive: Customer Experience and Operations at PPS Short-Term Insurance.
The value added services component provides the following benefits:
- Licence Assist which offers members a convenient, quick, easy and painless channel to get their vehicle licence renewed. No more queues as your disc will be delivered to your doorstep. With a once off registration process you can be sure that you will be notified when it is time to renew your licence again and avoid any penalty fees or fines for expired vehicle license discs.
- Fine Assist provides proactive notifications of fines posted onto www.paycity.co.za and other fines databases that allow automated integration. Additionally, members are given discounts on traffic fines of up to 50%.
- Protect Me is a mobile panic button that can be activated anywhere, anytime and works on the very basic principle of the app having one sole purpose: to activate when you feel threatened. What this entails is that Protect Me is not linked to any specific security organization but rather to many. The responding company will be the one closest located to react to your panic. This benefit is extended to your immediate family members residing with you.
- ID Protect will alert you of possible fraudulent activity on your identity when someone tries for example to obtain credit using your personal details.
- Road Assistance that’s available 24/7 and offers towing, jump-starting and tyre changing services as well as fuel delivery in case you run out of fuel on your way to your destination.
- Home Drive Assist that will drive you home or get you safely from point A to point B.
- Home Assistance for plumbing and electrical damages or breakdown.
- Medical Assistance, such as 24-hour emergency advice and an assistance centre.
PPS understands that most professionals are time-starved and technology-savvy. Therefore, as part of PPS’s ethos of mutuality, the value added services will deliver an intuitive service, bringing efficiency, comfort and protection to every member, even during the lockdown period.